A&B Rail Services Ltd.
|WHO WE ARE:
Our work is getting and keeping Canada’s railway operators in motion – safely and sustainably! We work coast-to-coast, in every railway sector, and on any size project. Our commitment is service excellence and offering our clients exceptional value. Within our team, we call this Doing It Right!
We are currently seeking those interested in a Track Protection/Flag Person position to support our Track Protection Services
The ideal candidate must be willing to travel throughout Eastern Canada.
· Conducts daily job briefings in order that all contactors understand site specific instructions prior to commencing work
· Review the work site on a minimum daily basis and consults with Supervisor and or contractors representative to understand work being conducted, and any potential hazards.
· Maintain alertness at all times.
· Set up, reposition and dismantle railway specific signage.
· Protect workers and the public by keeping work space free of traffic, and warning oncoming traffic of potential hazards.
· Communicate effectively with other flagmen and Rail Traffic Controllers using established procedures and radio equipment to ensure the understanding of instructions, track protection
· limits, work site hazards and other specific site conditions.
· Install and dismantles railway signaling devices (flags) at designated locations
· Once briefed, directs movement of personnel and equipment through work areas
· Prepares daily timesheets, work sheets and other reports as required
· Promotes, executes and adheres to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
· Driving of assigned company vehicle
· Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
|· Sound understanding of railway engineering safety regulations, safe work practices and work procedures
· Be capable of assisting in maintaining safe work sites
· Able to work in a safety sensitive position, in a unique role directing contractors who are engaged with completing multi-million dollar construction projects on live railway corridors within tight schedules
· Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
|· A high school diploma with at least 2 years of related work experience in the protecting of track units, track work or related emergency response environments
· Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License
· Ability to read instructions, follow written policies and procedures.
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
· Perform duties 24/7/365 (including days, nights, weekends) in inclement weather, with possible exposure to severe weather conditions.
· Ability to maintain concentration and mental alertness in a variety of situations.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure
· Canadian Railway Operating Rules certification considered an asset.
· Prior experience working within a railway company is a definite asset.
· Training in railway “Track Inspection Guidelines” or equivalent is an asset
|WHAT WE OFFER:|
|· Competitive Pay
· An industry leading comprehensive benefits program
· The opportunity to work with a great team where Safety is an integral part of our culture
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Job Types: Full-time, 24/7/365 Type of Work environment with rotational nights and weekends with the potential for days.
If you are interested in learning more about the job, please send your resume to Beverly Rampat, Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com