CAA North & East Ontario
Parry Sound, ON
Apply to: email@example.com
Salary: $18.13–$20.87 an hour
Job type: Part-time
Full Job Description
LOCATION: Canadore College – 1 College Drive, Parry Sound, ON P2A 0A9
Our travel business is growing! We need travel agents to assist our Members with all their travel needs. Our retail travel stores are where Members go for their member benefits (maps, tour books and passport photos etc.) and where they can plan and purchase all types of trips and tours; merchandise, luggage etc. The schedule is up to 29 hours per week, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
If you love travel and can close sales, this is an excellent opportunity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and sell travel-related products such as air, tour, hotel car reservations, and travel insurance
- Promote and sell CAA memberships, promoting upgrades and additional associates;
- Provide members with Auto Travel materials, passport photos etc.
- Answer member/client inquiries;
- Various administrative duties including restocking brochures/merchandise, conducting inventory, etc
- Other Related Duties as Required
Qualifications and Skills: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- TICO certification is required or must be attained within the probation period.
- Completion of Travel Agency Certification course from established and recognized institution preferred
- Customer service experience an asset
- Must possess the comfort level and drive to succeed in a part-commission sales environment
- Self-motivated ability to build and retain a loyal clientele
- Must actively pursue the CTC designation (supported by the Club)
- Complete knowledge of Apollo by Gemini automation
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset
- Successful candidate will be required to join United Steelworkers Local 2020
- Base Salary: $18.13 – $20.87 per hour
- Generous Commission Structure
- CAA Membership
Employment is contingent on a successful Criminal Background Check and references.
Job applicants who have disabilities shall be provided with reasonable accommodation throughout the recruiting process.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org