WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
MARCH 16, 2023
JOB POSTING: SEIU Clerical 2022-409
Regular Part-Time Position
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our facility offers the best that both nature and
technology can offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in
one of Canada’s top outdoor adventure destinations. You can get from desk to dock in 10
Being a member of the WPSHC team means you work with a leadership team that is
collaborative and approachable. WPSHC team members are passionate and dedicated to
delivering high-quality patient and family-centered care. Our team approach offers employees
the opportunity to use their complete skill set in a modern environment.
We are currently looking for a Unit Clerk – Emergency Department, reporting to the Manager
of Admitting/Communications, the incumbent is responsible for providing clerical assistance to
the Nursing Team in order to facilitate efficient and effective patient care.
Hours of work are all shifts, including weekends.
• Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent with 1 year of medical
• Completion of medical terminology certificate/program or an equivalent combination of
training and experience;
• Demonstrated strong knowledge of computer skills, particularly with scheduling software,
and various computer applications related to healthcare programs;
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• A demonstrated ability to provide strong attention to detail;
• Excellent prioritization and organizational skills;
• Demonstrated satisfactory attendance levels, work performance, disciplinary history, and
positive work references;
• Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of the West Parry Sound
Health Centre: Compassion, Accountability, Rights and Responsibilities, Excellence, and
• Successful completion of Unit/Ward Clerk Course or Medical Secretary Course or
• Previous hospital experience as a unit clerk or similar role;
• Superior level of skill, ability, experience, and qualifications.
Compensation & Benefits
$24.43 per hour to start
+ Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
+ 4% vacation pay and 14% pay in lieu of fringe benefits (10% if enrolled in HOOPP)
+ Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Please submit a resume with a covering letter by April 16, 2023, quoting position SEIU Clerical
West Parry Sound Health Centre
Human Resources Department
6 Albert St., Parry Sound, ON, P2A 3A4
Fax: (705) 773-4036
West Parry Sound Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to
applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please
inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only. Please be advised the WPSHC property is
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com