Parry Sound, ON
Wolseley Canada requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
As the world’s number one distributor of heating, plumbing, industrial, and waterworks supplies, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future.
Wolseley Canada provides an environment where employees can take their skills, talents, experience and interests to the next level to grow professionally and build rewarding careers.
Wolseley Canada offers many challenging and diverse career opportunities in our local branch networks and throughout our Regional and Corporate offices across Canada.
We are driven to achieve results, collaborate with each other to determine the best course of action, hold ourselves accountable at all times and demonstrate resilience when new challenges come our way.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to make a difference and grow your career? If so, then come join our talented and high performing team.
This is a 6 month contract position
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of making an impact in a large evolving and successful global organization.
What’s in it for you?
- Regular business hours Monday to Friday
- Comprehensive benefits with premiums fully paid for by the company for the “Core” package starting the first day of employment.
- Career development and training opportunities
- Life insurance, disability and wellness program
- Retirement savings programs including RRSP and DC pension with up to 5.25% employer contribution
- Paid vacation and sick time and day off on your birthday!
- Bonus programs that include annual performance and profit sharing
- Employee discounts on top brands of plumbing and HVAC/R products
- Education reimbursement for employees
- Employee referral program
- Safety shoe reimbursement
What you will do:
- Receive incoming shipments and checking for accuracy
- Put away product to correct areas in the warehouse in a timely manner
- Pick, pack and ship customer orders, including preparing documentation for shipment
- Liaise with freight companies and inside/outside customers to determine shipping priorities
- Ensure good housekeeping and safety procedures are maintained in shipping area
- Responsible for transporting material to and from customer sites and other local locations.
- Obtain necessary shipping documentation related to the assigned route.
- Load items and orders into truck while adhering to a sometimes tight to delivery schedule.
- Consolidate items and skids to maximize space in the trailer using a forklift or pump truck to load material.
What will you bring:
- Valid G license required.
- Clean driver’s abstract is required. (No traffic tickets, no points, and no “at-fault” accidents within the last 3 years)
- Previous Warehouse experience an asset
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Must be dependable and reliable and willing to take initiative
- Able to regularly lift up to fifty (50lbs) pounds
- Forklift certified or ability to be certified
- WHMIS and TDG certification would be an asset
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months if other new and exciting opportunities arise that match your skills and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.