Enaahtig Healing Lodge and Learning Centre
Under the direct supervision of the Youth Lodge Program Manager, and the overall supervision of the Executive Director, the Wellness Worker is expected to contribute to the overall function of the residential treatment team.
• Assist in planning, design, and facilitation of program.
• Incorporate Indigenous cultures in healing and treatment activities.
• Work with a team in designing a treatment program for families, children and youth.
• Work with clients while off-property to assist in after care planning and needs.
• Work with clients in program to assist with the healing of trauma.
• Attend debriefings to review program design, delivery and facilitation.
• Work in a team environment, and independently.
• Completing/Filing Serious Occurrence’s when deemed necessary.
• When required, prepare stats for funders.
• Post-secondary graduate of ECE (early Childhood Education), or related social work field, or 3 years’ experience working directly with youth in a residential setting.
• Be aware of current social issues as they affect Indigenous people in regards to trauma and addictions.
• Have a working knowledge of Traditional ceremonies and practices as they pertain to group work and healing approaches.
• Have or willing to obtain CPR/First Aid, PMAB, ASIST Trainings.
• Must be willing to obtain or have a current Criminal Records Screening including the Vulnerable Sector.
• Willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and provide a current Driver’s Record Search.
Salary & Benefits:
• Salary: $48,000-$52,000 per year
• Full health and dental benefits
• Additional 4% vacation pay
• RRSP Program
• Paid time off
• Please email email@example.com
o Cover Letter, Resume and 3 References.
Indigenous applicants will be given priority, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org