Website YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday: Please be aware that opening shifts can start as early as 6:45am and closing shifts can end as late as 6:00pm.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Pay rate $16.50 per hour
- A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
Under the direction of the Supervisor or Coordinator, the Assistant Teacher will ensure that all YMCA Child and Family Development Programs provide quality care, service and support to the participants and their families. The Assistant Teacher is responsible for the planning and implementation of an age appropriate program designed to meet the developmental needs of the individual children following all legislative requirements from the Ministry of Education to ensure the health, safety and well-being of all children in his/her program.
- Provides quality care to all children in a licensed childcare environment
- Actively engages with children and ensures supervision and safety of children at all times
- Plans and implements a consistent child-centered program in accordance with YMCA curriculums Playing to Learn and A Place to Connect.
- Complies with the Child Care Early Years Act, YMCA policies and the YMCA Child Protection Policy
- Completes required documentation of children’s development and interactions
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for working with children and providing quality play-based learning within a licensed childcare setting
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport with parents, children, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following prior to first day of work:
- Up-to-date Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) certification
- Successful completion of Police Records Check within the last 6 months
- Up-to-date immunizations, including Covid-19
Applications will remain open until May 25, 2022
Please note only those individuals legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for employment with the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or other Human Rights Code-related exemption.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org