Town of Penetanguishene
The Town is looking for a Recreation Assistant to join our team for the summer! Under the supervision of
the Recreation and Events Coordinator, the Recreation Assistant will support the planning and supervision
of municipally run recreation programs and events. As an integral part of the Recreation and Community
Services Department, this position will assist with the development, design, promotion, and delivery of
recreation programs, leisure activities, and events, including interdepartmental coordination, as required.
This position is financially supported through funding provided by the CPRA and the Government of
Canada (Youth Employment and Skills Strategy Program).
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist with the planning and supervision of municipal programs and events.
• Help oversee the delivery of recreation programs at Town and third-party facilities.
• Assist in the recruitment and managing of volunteers at events/recreation programs.
• Collaborate with stakeholders and partners to contribute to the success of recreation programs. This
may include liaising with organizations in the area including local schools, organizations, businesses,
North Simcoe Municipalities, local sports groups, volunteer organizations, and Provincial Agencies or
• Other administrative duties may be assigned to support the Recreation and Community Development
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively within a team.
• Excellent time management skills, punctual and responsible.
• Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a Recreation Post-Secondary Program or a related
field would be an asset.
• Bilingual in both official languages (French and English) would be an asset.
• Knowledge of basic Occupational Health and Safety practices is important.
Required qualifications as per the CPRA Youth Employment Experience Grant:
• Between 15 to 30 years of age when employment begins.
• A Canadian citizen, or permanent resident, or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act.
• Legally entitled to work in Canada.
• Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Compensation: The current rate of pay for this position is $17.74 per hour, based on a 35-hour
workweek. The anticipated start date is June 28th, and the end date is September 3rd, 2021.
Interested individuals are asked to forward their resume and cover letter no later than 4:30 p.m. on
June 21st, 2021 to the Human Resources Department by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town of Penetanguishene is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment. Accommodation
will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the Town’s Human Resources
Department if you require any accommodations to ensure that you can participate fully and equally
during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal
information collected will only be used for candidate selection
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com