Local Job Postings
Join Our Team
Salad Preparation Person
Location: YMCA Geneva Park
Department: Geneva Park Food Services
Placement: Part time hourly, Seasonal, Contract Ends September 3rd 2018
Closes: June 8, 2018
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka currently serves over 125,000 people in Simcoe County and the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound in Central Ontario. The YMCA is one of the largest charities within our service area, providing over $1.1 million annually of support and access to our programs and services.
With a staff complement of 1200+ full and part-time staff, combined with over 1,000 volunteers and donors, and an operating budget of $39 million, the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka serves over 30,000 annual members and participants through its eight membership centres in Barrie, Collingwood, Gravenhurst, Innisfil, Midland, Orillia, Parry Sound, and Wasaga Beach; 3,000 Child Care families across a number of communities; registers 5,000 day campers in addition to 1500 overnight campers at YMCA Camp Kitchikewana on Beausoleil Island; over 15,000 people through leadership development, outdoor education and family programs at YMCA Geneva Park; and counsels over 20,000 people in several community development programs.
As our Mission Statement affirms, “My Y is dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind and body, and to their sense of belonging to each other and the global community.” Our Vision for the future is “My Y inspires people to reach their full potential.”
Prepares salads and snacks.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
- Checking memos and meal count sheets each morning for changes, and adjust food preparation accordingly.
- Prepares salads and snacks.
- Cleans produce and prepares for next days’ meals.
- Prepares special items such as fresh fruit platters, vegetable platters, cheese plates.
- Cleans and organizes Garde Manager area and fridge’s.
- Prepares daily preparation lists.
- Adherence to all provincial and federal legislation relevant to job description.
- Undertakes other reasonable tasks in support of YMCA Geneva Park, which the General Manager may
assign from time to time.
- Secondary Education
- Knowledge & experience in preparation of salads, sandwiches and snacks.
- Sanitary handling of food
- Proven Customer Service Experience
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection, PCI Compliance, etc.) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered are invited to send a resume and cover letter to:
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.