Geneva Park is the place
to make family memories.
Geneva Park COVID-19 Update:
It is with great excitement, anticipation and careful preparation that we are able to share with you that YMCA Geneva Park will re-open on Saturday, July 4 for the start of week 4. This summer, Geneva Park will look different than what we are used to, due to COVID-19 measures in place, and we want to provide you with a better idea of what to expect for summer 2020. Rest assured that the Park, beautiful Lake Couchiching, the fresh air and the Geneva Park community will be here and ready for you to enjoy your stay. You can also be assured that we have put measures in place for the safety and wellbeing of our families, guests and staff.
Here’s what to expect as YMCA Geneva Park re-opens:
- Families are asked to limit their cottage, suite or room to those currently in their household or social circle as described by the Ontario government. For more information visit the Ministry of Heath’s Create a social circle during COVID-19 webpage.
- Families must maintain 2m physical distance from all Geneva Park staff and other families outside their social circle at all times while here.
- Day guests and other visitors will not be permitted and only registered guests in your social circle may be at Geneva Park.
- Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children at all times.
- Our staff will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces multiple times throughout the day. This will include shared spaces such as the washrooms and showers along the cottage line. Cleaning supplies will be available on the counter in the washrooms for guests who want to do an additional cleaning of these spaces (their shower) before use.
- Families will be encouraged to practice proper handwashing and to wash their hands before and after meals and throughout the day.
- As usual families in cottages/suites are responsible for bringing hand and dish soap and we’d encourage you to bring soap appropriate for regular handwashing for your family. We also recommend hand sanitizer.
- For cottagers, toilets and showers are shared; however, to minimize the potential for the spread of COVID-19, they will be assigned per cottage. (e.g. Cottages 31-35 will be assigned a designated stall in the women’s and men’s washroom and shower at the Trillium washroom.)
- Washrooms along the cottage line will have a capacity appropriate for physical distancing and an area to line up outside if they are already at the maximum number of guests inside. Certain sinks, urinals and showers will be out of order to encourage physical distancing.
- Coin laundry will not be available this year.
- Cottages/suites will be cleaned and disinfected with products recommended by Public Health. High touch surfaces will be focused on along with kitchens, floors and door frames. Our staff will not be rewashing dishes. We recommend guests wash dishes, cutlery, etc., prior to use.
- The beach and marina (canoeing, kayak and stand-up paddleboards) will be open during the day with practices in place to ensure physical distancing and restrictions on capacity, gathering of groups, and if demand requires, on the length of use.
- We encourage families to bring their own equipment such as lifejackets, paddles, tennis rackets, tennis balls and other sports equipment. Shared equipment will be disinfected between use.
- Indoor recreational activities are not currently permitted by provincial guidelines as well as the use of outdoor playgrounds. As such, the fitness room in the Court and gym will be closed, the gym will be closed, as well as the play structures at the gym, Shire and Grannies Place.
- We encourage you to bring extra books, board games, lawn games and other toys and equipment to keep your family entertained during your visit.
- Group and instructed programming will not be available at this point and program areas such as the Kraft Shoppe, Shire, Boat Dock (sailing and windsurfing) and Daniel Program Centre will be closed. We are hoping to develop independent activities such as craft kits, scavenger hunts, forest bathing activities and others, but this is still a work in progress.
- The province of Ontario does not currently permit organized gatherings of more than 10 people, so we are not able to run or allow independently led or organized activities such as campfires, coffee houses, variety night, yoga or other activities even if they are run by the Geneva Park community. Independent activities with one family or social circle are allowed.
- For vacation guests staying during the cottage/suite guest changeover on Friday and Saturday, program hours and lifeguard hours will be modified.
- All families will complete a health screening at the start of their visit. We will ask that each day your family independently completes the COVID-19 self-assessment and informs our office if you answer “yes” to any questions.
- Families will report on their temperature and will be asked questions about symptoms and exposure to potential cases before or upon arrival at Geneva Park.
- Families with anyone that presents symptoms of COVID-19 will not be able to enter Geneva Park or will be expected to leave. Exceptions will be made for seasonal allergies and unrelated symptoms.
- Guests may choose to wear a mask, but are not required to do so as all families are maintaining physical distance from others. Staff will wear a mask when they are not able to maintain physical distance, for example, providing first aid.
- We greatly appreciate the service of our healthcare team working during the pandemic, including many who have spent their week at Geneva Park as medical volunteers. This summer we will not have medical volunteers at Geneva Park. Staff are available for first aid and medical services are available nearby in Orillia.
- Food service will be available for takeout only at the Tuck Shop. No cash will be accepted and charges will be billed to your account for payment at the end of your stay. Orders can be made by phone and then picked up. Tables on the tuck shop deck can be used while maintaining physical distance.
- The dining room will be closed and the Tuck Shop will be the only option available on site for vacation guests staying in the Court and Lodge.
- The office and check-in/out will occur in a no-touch manner to ensure the safety of our staff. Information guides, COVID-19 guidelines, Jottings and your invoice will be sent to your family by email.
- We ask that cottage and suite guests arrive between 3:00-6:00 pm on Saturdays and depart by 11:00 am on Friday. This is to ensure our staff have the proper time to clean and disinfect accommodations. It is our expectation that guests do not arrive early and depart site by the time provided.
- The Geneva Park office will be open from 8:00 am-4:00 pm and can be reached by phone or email only.
- It is a year of uncertainty and there are increased costs for us to be open this summer as well as meeting cleaning practices to protect our guests and staff from the spread of COVID-19. Unfortunately, we are not in a position to reduce the weekly rate or vacation guest fees. We know we have shortened cottage/suite guest’s stay by one-night and are offering significantly less programming, but we are offering as much as has been permitted and is feasible to do safely.
- Personal supply of hand sanitizer or wipes as well as hand soap if you are staying in a cottage or suite
- Your own face masks or other PPE if using them
- Personal life jackets if you have them
- Additional board games, books, lawn games and supplies to keep entertained
- Groceries for the length of your stay to avoid local grocery trips
- A thermometer to be responsible for completing your daily COVID-19 self assessment
This is important to ensure that your family and our staff have a safe and healthy summer at YMCA Geneva Park. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or (705) 325-2253. We’re excited to welcome you back (responsibly) to Geneva Park!
The availability of facilities is based on provincial restrictions in place and may be subject to change. This information will be continually updated as restrictions ease and the summer evolves.
If you do not feel that you can abide by these guidelines, we ask that you choose not to attend this summer. Those families that choose not to follow what we have outlined will be asked to leave Geneva Park with no refund of fees. Geneva Park families have let us know that they are counting on us to have measures in place to minimize opportunities for the spread of COVID-19 and to do this we need your support.
Geneva Park is the place for a family getaway
Choose Geneva Park as the place to make family memories for years to come. Experience a fantastic family getaway in a safe, inclusive and fun environment, full of rich history and nestled on the shores of Lake Couchiching. Your summer vacation will be full of opportunity to reunite through activities for all ages, or relaxing in the Muskoka chairs. Space is limited, so book early!
Please call or email YMCA Geneva Park for more information: 705-325-2253 or 1-866-895-9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Reservations will be accepted for Summer 2020 as of January 15, 2020.
Package includes overnight accommodation & meals, beginning with dinner on arrival to lunch on departure.
Youth: 13-17 years of age; Child: 6-12 years of age; fees are per night.
Adult Pricing (per night):
- 1 Night: $162.00
- 2 Nights: $162.00
- 3 Nights: $154.00
- 4 Nights: $151.00
- 5 Nights: $148.00
- 6+ Nights: $145.00
Youth Pricing (per night):
- 1 Night: $104.00
- 2 Nights: $104.00
- 3 Nights: $98.00
- 4 Nights: $97.00
- 5 Nights: $95.00
- 6+ Nights: $93.00
Child Pricing (per night):
- 1 Night: $56.00
- 2 Nights: $56.00
- 3 Nights: $54.00
- 4 Nights: $53.00
- 5 Nights: $52.00
- 6+ Nights: $50.00
- 0-5 years of age are free when sharing with an adult
- Add $32.00 per night if one parent/guardian stays in different room than their children.
- A minimum charge of $98.00 will apply for a second bedroom.
- All fees are subject to HST.
Click Here to view the Geneva Park Family Letter
Click Here to view the Geneva Park Family Application
YMCA Geneva Park offers everything you need to make this summer vacation the best year yet! All activities are included in your stay – try out kayaking, canoeing, sailing, windsurfing and swimming along the shores of Lake Couchiching. Encourage your children to participate in specialty programs for ages 3-12. Bringing a teenager? Programs are also available for ages 13+ every day of the week during your stay at Geneva Park.