Not-For-Profit Leadership Development Program
The not-for-profit sector faces unique challenges in achieving success in today’s competitive market. The YMCA Professional Development Certificate Program, in partnership with Lakehead University, has been designed to address these challenges by focusing on best practices and core elements of a successful not-for-profit organization.
Whether you’re an executive director, a senior manager in the sector or a manager interested in transitioning to the sector, you’ll learn valuable insights into the fundamentals of leading through change for impact.
This program brings together forward thinking leaders from a diverse group of non-profit organizations to further their professional development and build a supportive network.
Drawing on leading-edge research and experienced keynote speakers, this program integrates conceptual knowledge, individual experiences and hands-on-support to guide participants in their impact on the nonprofit sector.
This Program Is Right For You If You Are:
- Currently working or volunteering in the not-for-profit sector
- Currently (or have recently been placed) in a managerial role within the not-for-profit sector
- Working to improve organizational or team performance
- Working to achieve a dynamic approach to leadership
What To Expect:
- Learn how to determine what makes non-profit organizations effective and sustainable
- Understand emerging trends, increased competitiveness in the sector and how to lead in this environment
- Set realistic, practical marketing objectives and goals
- Prepare tactical plans that convert strategies into action
- Gain an increased confidence in your ability to lead and scale your organization
- Develop a strong network of relationships with a diverse group of nonprofit leaders