This Employment Ontario service is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.
Find the Right Employees for Your Business
Our YMCA Employer services are at the heart of the business community in Midland, Parry Sound and Huntsville!
We help local businesses in Midland, Parry Sound and Huntsville hire the right candidate for the job, and our services are funded by Employment Ontario. We can:
- match qualified candidates to your job openings;
- help create job ads and post them on our on-site or online job board;
- collect resumes and pre-screen candidates;
- provide a wage subsidy when you hire unemployed people who need some training, and help develop the training plan.
Wage subsidies are designed to support employers who help unemployed workers enter or re-enter the workforce and maintain employment, employers may receive financial support for on-the-job training, including apprenticeship training, and work experience opportunities.
Wage Subsidy Eligibility
To be eligible for a wage subsidy, an employer must:
- be licensed to operate in Ontario;
- provide employment in Ontario;
- demonstrate the ability to provide the trainee with adequate supervision and the training described in the training plan;
- place trainees on the company’s payroll and provide the same employment terms, conditions and benefits as regular employees;
- comply with all applicable legislation, including federal/provincial human rights legislation, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Employment Standards Act, and freedom of information and protection of privacy legislation;
- maintain appropriate WSIB or private workplace insurance coverage and have adequate third party general liability insurance;
Employment Wage Subsidy | YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
A Job Developer in one of our employment service centres can help you identify employment opportunities suitable for an Ontario wage subsidy.
Employer Information Sessions
YMCA Employment Services offer information sessions for employers, providing strategies for dealing with your biggest investment: your employees. The brown bag “Lunch and Learn” series will help you promote and foster positive employee relationships.
Employment and Transition Services
In the event that you are laying off employees, we can provide outplacement and transition services to help people get back on track.
YMCA employment centres provides outplacement services to help your employees make the transition to new opportunities following a layoff. We’ll help boost morale during a difficult time by sparking some of the motivation and drive needed to find direction.
We’ll provide information and assistance with all aspects of the transition to a new job:
- exploring career transition possibilities and career counselling
- learning about what employers are looking for in the current economy
- resumes and cover letters
- researching and finding new employers