YMCA Early Childhood Educator Assistant (ECEA) Program
Our YMCA ECEA Program provides 6 weeks of pre-employment training (paid an allowance equal to minimum wage), followed by 14 weeks of paid work experience (Wage set by employer). During the six-week pre-employment training, we provide individual and group-based support that includes, ECEA-specific training. Training workshops help participants build employability skills, job maintenance and life skills to help remove the barriers that have been preventing them from accessing the labour market. Participants complete required certifications to start working as an ECEA. Upon completion of workshops, we connect participants with a paid job opportunity and an additional 14 weeks of tailored support are provided to both participants and their employer to promote long-term success in the Child Care field.
This program is funded by the County of Simcoe. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be a resident of Simcoe County
- 6 Week paid virtual ECEA Training
- Standard First Aid & CPR/AED Level C
- Child Protection Training
- YMCA Early Learning Framework
- Diversity and Inclusion Training
- Resume, cover letter, and interview workshops
- 14 Week Paid Work Experience with a Child Care Centre in Simcoe County
- And much more!
For more information, please contact:
Fakhra Naseem | firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephanie Kellar | email@example.com