Join our Youth Quest Program
“I gained more insight on what types of jobs align with my values. I also gained a lot of knowledge on community resources I never would have known if it weren’t for the workshops in the program.”
– 2020 Youth Quest Participant
Youth Quest Program Information:
Our Youth Quest Program provides 6 weeks of pre-employment training (paid an allowance equal to minimum wage), followed by 14 weeks of paid work experience (Wage set by employer). During the six-week pre-employment training, we provide individual and group based support that includes workshops that help participants build employability skills, job maintenance and life skills to help remove the barriers that have been preventing them from accessing the labour market. Upon completion of workshops, we connect participants with a paid job opportunity and an additional 14 weeks of tailored support are provided to both participants and their employer to promote long-term success.
This program is Funded by the Government of Canada to support:
- Youth aged 15-30,
- Are either unemployed or under-employed and
- Looking for full-time employment.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Child care
- Professional mental health support
- Access to virtual learning
- Allowance (equivalent to minimum wage during the 6-week training portion)
- Work-related material and supplies
- Completion bonus
- Employment and academic advice Interview preparation
- On-the-job supports for participants and employers
Questions? Please contact one of our friendly and knowledgeable Youth Services staff!
Leah Fahey | Case Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Drake | Case Manager | email@example.com
Maggie Culhane | Case Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthew Maclaren-Coombe | Case Manager | email@example.com
If you are looking for ECEA employment support, we offer this program to youth looking for Early Childhood Educator Assistant employment opportunities. Please click here for information or to apply to our Youth ECEA Program.