Local Job Postings
Join Our Team
Cardiac Rehab Program Staff
Location: Midland YMCA
Department: Health Fitness Aquatics
Placement: Part Time Contract
Closes: July 26, 2019
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka currently serves over 125,000 people in Simcoe County and the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound in Central Ontario. The YMCA is one of the largest charities within our service area, providing over $1.1 million annually of support and access to our programs and services.
With a staff complement of 1200+ full and part-time staff, combined with over 1,000 volunteers and donors, and an operating budget of $39 million, the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka serves over 30,000 annual members and participants through its eight membership centres in Barrie, Collingwood, Gravenhurst, Innisfil, Midland, Orillia, Parry Sound, and Wasaga Beach; 3,000 Child Care families across a number of communities; registers 5,000 day campers in addition to 1500 overnight campers at YMCA Camp Kitchikewana on Beausoleil Island; over 15,000 people through leadership development, outdoor education and family programs at YMCA Geneva Park; and counsels over 20,000 people in several community development programs.
As our Mission Statement affirms, “My Y is dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind and body, and to their sense of belonging to each other and the global community.” Our Vision for the future is “My Y inspires people to reach their full potential.”
The Cardiovascular Rehab Program Staff is responsible for ensuring a safe environment and the delivering of quality; values based health and wellness programming and services to Adults in partnership with the Georgian Bay General Hospital, The North Simcoe Family Health and Chigamik Community Health Centre. Reporting to the General Manager, this position provides delivery of YMCA Adult Engagement and Cardiovascular Rehab Program initiatives, interacting with members to develop positive relationship while accessing the Health and Wellness Centre. This position will be supervised by Registered Kinesiologist and Program Manager from North Simcoe Family Health Team.
This position provides direct delivery to special populations that are accessing programs under the Cardiovascular Rehab Program partnership. This role will be responsible for ensuring programs are implemented as per partnership guidelines and will include intakes, follow up from referrals, testing and data collection that abides with all program criteria. This role will also work and support the adult fitness department in direct delivery to all members achieving SAM standards and new member connectivity goals.
This is a position is a Part Time Position based on a 16 to 20 hour work week and requires a flexible schedule based on programming needs. This may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends with an emphasis on Wellness Coaching, program reviews, facility supervision, maintenance and provision of excellent customer service.
The following duties are typical for this position. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Direct delivery of Wellness Coaching and the Healthy Heart program initiatives (coaching sessions, intakes, program delivery, data collection and communication)
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
- Adherence to all provincial and federal legislation relevant to job description.
- Wellness Centre supervision, including maintenance of safety and cleanliness requirements
- Interaction with members developing positive relationships and addressing concerns or questions
- Communicates with fellow staff regarding member and safety needs
- Willingness to learn (Attend additional role-specific training)
- To maintain current qualifications as required by this position.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
- Registered Kinesiologist (Recognized member with the Ontario Kinesiology Association) OR Diploma in healthcare OR fitness background preferred
- Heartwise Exercise Training an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the related field
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR level C
- Proven excellence in customer service skills/interpersonal skills
- YMCA Leadership Certification in Individual Conditioning (IC 1 and 2), Group Fitness, Personal Trainer (or other recognized certifications)
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Google calendar
- This role requires constant movement and light lifting
- Proven ability to instruct Group Fitness classes
- Mandated training is required before or shortly after commencement of work
– Child Protection orientation
– AODA Customer Service and AODA Integrated Standard
– Health & Safety Awareness training
– Bill 168 (Violence & Harassment in the Workplace) training
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on client needs (morning, afternoons, evenings and weekends)
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Articulates the uniqueness and holistic nature of the YMCA philosophy, mission and vision. Seeks opportunities to fulfil the philosophy of the Association inside and outside of immediate job responsibilities.
- Relationship Building: Build and maintain relationships with members and participants through deliberate dialogue and interactions.
- Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s YMCA experience.
- Teamwork: Actively builds teams and encourages open relationship for maximum organizational effectiveness.
- Communication: Communicate all deficiencies and problems to the Supervisor, Adult Fitness for coordinated resolution. Stay informed ensuring that all necessary changes, updates and general information is communicated effectively to members.
- Planning and Organizing: Plan, organize and deliver adult fitness programs and services (group and individual). Maintain records as needed including program area maintenance items and daily checklists.
- Instruction: Deliver service friendly, Adult Fitness programming. Monitor and maintain high quality instruction and customer service, adhering to YMCA SAM Standards and best practices.
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered are invited to send a resume and cover letter to:
YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Phone: (705) 526-7828
Applications will remain open until July 26, 2019.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.