YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Parry Sound, ON
$19.10–$22.25 an hour
Shift & schedule
Monday to Friday
Looking for Talented Child Care Educators to join our team!
If you are currently looking for a position with growth potential and a great place to work, we invite you to join our team and make a difference in the community.
LOCATION/REGION: Parry Sound region
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) certification OR completion of certification within first 90 days of employment
- Successful completion of Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector within the last 6 months
- Up-to-date immunizations
- Required availability: minimum of 2 full days or at least 2 afternoons (3:00-6:00pm) of Monday through Friday consistent availability, in order to be considered for a position. Opening shifts can start as early as 7:00am and closing shifts end as late as 6:00pm. Shifts are scheduled based on centre needs and will include pre-planned or day-of requests. Shifts may include opening shifts and closing shifts.
- Ensures all children and youth programs provide quality care, service and support to the participants and their families. Understands and complies with provincial, municipal and YMCA Child Care Guidance Policies.
- Plans and implements a consistent child-centred program in accordance with YMCA curricula Playing to Learn and A Place to Connect.
- Maintains qualifications and certifications as required by the YMCA and provincial standards.
- Completes required documentation of children’s development and interactions.
- Cleans and sanitizes child care spaces, focusing on frequently touched surfaces, equipment, toys, and any other areas or items deemed necessary, following YMCA health and safety protocols and procedures.
- Identifies the indicators of abuse, and understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
- Seeks opportunities to deepen connections and increase engagement of parents and children in care, providing further opportunities to get involved in other YMCA Programs.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association.
- Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
- Adheres to work schedule to ensure program stays within ratio and provides required adequate notice to supervisor regarding unexpected scheduling changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Registered Early Childhood Educator:
- Early Childhood Educator Diploma
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE) or be willing to obtain registration
Early Childhood Assistant:
- A minimum of 6 months experience working with young children
GENERAL JOB KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Passion for working with children and providing quality play-based learning within a licensed childcare setting
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport with parents, children, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Screen and three professional references for review prior to starting employment.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org