YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Child Care Supply Educator
Be more than a teacher; Be more than an instructor; Be more than a friend; Be the Spark that allows a child to shine.
Join our professional and passionate team of early childhood educators!
Position & location: part-time Supply Early Childhood Educator – Humphrey, McDougall, Parry Sound High School, Parry Sound Public School
The opportunity: To build healthy, strong, connected communities through nurturing environments for children.
In this role, you will:
- Provide personal care to children, including but not limited to toileting/diaper changing, providing first aid, administering medication, monitoring dietary, allergies & medical conditions
- Actively engage with children and always ensure supervision and safety of children in a group setting of up to 15 children independently
- Plan and implement play-based learning in accordance with YMCA Curriculum
- Ensure positive, professional communication with families, staff and volunteers on an ongoing basis
- Provide an inclusive environment, supporting the needs of all children, including those with exceptional behaviours and additional needs
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values
- Adhere to work schedule to ensure program stays within ratio and provide adequate notice to supervisor regarding unexpected scheduling changes
- Demonstrate flexibility with routines and schedules
- Other duties as assigned
For this role, you bring:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) certification OR completion of certification within first 90 days of employment
- Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector Screening within 6 months of your start date
- Up-to-date immunizations or equivalent in accordance with local public health and Child Care Early Years Act
- Availability requirements: minimum of either 2 full days per week (full availability 7am-6pm both days) OR 3 afternoons 2:30-6pm
- Passion for working with children and providing quality play-based learning
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills with families, staff and volunteers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), and participate in physical activities
- Ability to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round, in all weather conditions
- Registered Early Childhood Educator must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE) or be willing to obtain registration
Benefits of working with us:
- Complimentary access to virtual and/or in-person opportunities promoting health and fitness
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Annual paid Wellness Day
- Annual recognition pay
- Professional development opportunities
- Work life balance that offers most evenings and weekends free; all statutory days off
- 6 sick days per year
- Flexible schedules
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is a registered charity committed to fostering healthy communities by empowering children, youth, and families, promoting well-being, and encouraging social responsibility. We support children and youth to grow up strong, confident and resilient.
At the YMCA we believe in the power of community and the potential of every individual; dedicated to nurturing the physical, mental, and social well-being of all people. The YMCA is so much more than buildings and programs; we are a movement that empowers individuals to reach their full potential while connecting communities in a vibrant and positive way.
The YMCA is thrilled to be recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. Our YMCA employs over 1,000 staff and hundreds of volunteers who serve tens of thousands of individuals each year in various programs such as child care, camps, health and fitness, leadership development, employment and literacy, immigrant services, and youth programming. We currently operate across Simcoe County and the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the recruitment department email@example.com
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.15
- Max Hiring Rate $23.25
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org