Grand Tappattoo Resort
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
Salary: $18–$21 an hour
Job type: Full-time
Shift & schedule: 8 hour shift, 10 hour shift
The Line Cook is responsible for the preparation of high-quality food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner. The Line Cook must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. Line Cook must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
- A line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen.
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef.
- Ensure quality and safety of food by performing standard and any additional sanitary measures including sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering and storage of food items according to standards and procedures.
- Work at efficient and consistent pace.
- Ensure timely preparation of all meals.
- Utilize kitchen equipment during food preparation.
- Stay productive at all times and prepare for future needs as time allows.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention.
- Other duties as required
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Manual dexterity required to use knives and kitchen appliances
- Must have own transportation to and from work
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Parry Sound, ON P2A0B2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.