YMCA Geneva Park is a Leadership Centre located in one of the most beautiful settings in Ontario and runs along three kilometers of shoreline overlooking beautiful Lake Couchiching. We have an over 100-year history of building healthy communities and inspiring character development for people of all ages. We achieved this by:
- Strengthening the capacity of community organizations by providing opportunities and space for training and development
- Promoting caring, honesty, inclusion, respect and responsibility through retreats, camps and outdoor education programs for children, youth and families
- Encouraging individuals to reach their full potential through a wide variety of volunteer and employment opportunities
YMCA Geneva Park Rejuvenation
Through the support of generous donors and community partners, the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to investing $15 million into YMCA Geneva Park over the next 15 years. This includes upgrades to conference facilities, infrastructure improvements and the replacement of our family camp accommodations (traditionally referred to as the “cottage line”). All improvements will be funded through a combination of capital fundraising, grants and YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka’s internal revenue sources.
The main objectives of the YMCA Geneva Park renovations are to create spaces that:
- Utilize environmentally friendly design, resources and materials
- Are physically accessible to everyone
- Inspire “community” interactions
- Can be used for a wide variety of user-groups over multiple seasons
We are excited to share that we have made our first two major investments this spring in support of this long-term plan with the installation of fibre optics and the construction of a new cottage:
- The addition of fibre optics will allow the Y to continue to meet the needs of the not-for-profit sector as a conference centre of choice.
- Our new three-season cottage is built to be “net neutral ready,” accessible by wheelchair, and will allow us to extend programming into the spring and fall.
Thank you to our Family Camp community donors who made this first cottage build a reality through their generous charitable gifts to the Y.
YMCA Geneva Park has had an immeasurable impact on countless individuals in its century of service to the community. Through the rejuvenation project, our goal is to serve even more youth, families and organizations over the next 100 years, and to continue to position YMCA Geneva Park as a year-long resource to our community. We welcome your support.
Rob Armstrong is President and CEO of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka; focused on investing in communities, ensuring all people have access to the Y and implementing programs that are helping thousands of youth and families to learn and thrive. Prior to joining the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka in 2011, Rob held senior leadership positions at the YMCA of Edmonton, YMCA of Owen Sound, YMCA of Cambridge and most recently YMCA Ontario. Rob holds an Honours degree in Physical and Health Education from Queen’s University and has since augmented his education with advanced courses from the Harvard Business School of Entrepreneurship, Ivy School of Businessand Queen’s University Executive Education Program.
Since coming to Simcoe/Muskoka, Rob has taken an active leadership role in the Child, Youth and Family Services Coalition of Simcoe County and Barrie’s Pathways to end homelessness. He served on a number of boards including local Community Foundations, Affordable Housing, Parks and Recreation Ontario and the Minister of Health Promotions Health Advisory Committee.