Town of Parry Sound
Date: February 2, 2023
Job Posting: Parks & Recreation Summer Student
Competition Number: 2023 – Summer Parks
Located amidst the 30,000 islands of Georgian Bay and a 2.5-hour drive north of Toronto,
the Town of Parry Sound offers an exceptional quality of life. Join our team in the Parks
& Recreation Summer Student position, an important member of the Public Works
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To provide general labour for a variety of operational and maintenance services
for the Corporation’s properties, facilities, parks and trails.
2. Operate hand tools and grounds maintenance equipment (ex. Lawn Mowers, etc)
3. Complete daily circle checks and inspection reports relative to equipment used.
4. Ensures that a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and technical operation is
5. Ensures that occupational health and safety practices are strictly observed, and
that fire prevention practices and regulations are adhered to;
6. Perform such other related duties within the general parameters of the job
description, as may be reasonably requested by the Manager of Parks &
Recreation and/or the Parks & Recreation Lead-Hand.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
1. Must be a current student attending high school or a post-secondary education
2. Valid “G” drivers license;
3. Must meet the physical demands of the jobs.
Main Office: 705.746.2101 www.parrysound.ca
Fax: 705.746.7461 52 Seguin Street, Parry Sound, ON
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
This is a full-time, summer seasonal job, 40 hour/week. Wage is under review.
The Town of Parry Sound is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive,
barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Accommodation will be provided in all
parts of the hiring process as required under the Town of Parry Sound Recruitment Policy.
If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume by 4:00 PM Tuesday,
February 28, in the following ways:
Email: In one document your resume and cover letter, under the subject line “[your
name – Summer Student – Parks & Recreation Application” to: April
McNamara, Manager of Parks & Recreation. firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail or Drop-Off: Attention Manager of Parks & Recreation
52 Seguin Street, Parry Sound, ON P2A 1B4
We thank all applicants for their interest. We will contact those applicants selected for an
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of
Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com