A nationwide celebration of peace.
We know we can’t change the world alone, but we know together we can do more. That’s the power of a global community.
YMCA Peace Week – November 16 – 23, 2019
Peace Week is a time when we celebrate the presence of peace in our communities. The YMCA believes peace is more than the absence of violence and conflict; it is the ongoing work of building and fairness, inclusion, empathy and respect for diversity. When we embrace the values of peace, we all can help build better communities. Please join us in celebrating peace this week, with committing an unexpected kind act each day. It’s easy – to quote Mother Theresa, “peace begins with a smile”.
Please join us for one of our Yoga for Peace classes being held across our association:
- Friday, November 22nd – 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 19th – 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 23rd – Peace Breakfast from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 19th – 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 22nd – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 19th – 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Slow Flow Yoga)
- Wednesday, November 20th – 1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. (Chair Yoga)
- Thursday, November 21st – 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Hatha Yoga)
- Friday, November 22nd – 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (Restorative Yoga)
- Wednesday, November 20th – 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Parry Sound YMCA:
- Monday, November 18th – 8:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
Wasaga Beach YMCA:
- Tuesday, November 19th – 10:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.