It’s very common to hit a plateau on a journey to a healthy lifestyle, or just get bored with your routine. A balance between aerobic exercise and strength training is important. MyY offers a variety of programs to keep your exercise routine fresh and exciting. Whether you are looking for opportunities to increase your endurance, muscle strength or both, there are great opportunities at My Y to work toward your potential.
MyY aerobic activities:
- Basketball: Basketball is a great way to increase endurance, running back and forth between nets. Find out when Drop in Basketball is offered by visiting your local MyY class programs and schedules on the website for times
- Group Cycle: When you put your bike are put away for the summer, join your local MyY for an indoor cycle class.
- Swimming: Swim lessons are available at various ability levels, for children and adults. MyY also offers opportunity for private lessons. If you and your family are looking for more advanced opportunities, Masters swim for adults and Barracudas and Lifeguard club is available for children and youth.
MyY muscle strength and flexibility:
- Bars and Plates: Each class encourages participants to work continuously on one muscle group at a time. This muscle conditioning class can take your strength and endurance training to a whole new level.
- Stability Ball: This is a full body workout integrating balance, core stability and cardio training, incorporating the ball and resistance apparatus to improve strength and posture, balance and flexibility.
- Yoga: Through postures, meditation and breathing exercises, you will learn to bring yourself to a peaceful frame of mind. Improved strength and flexibility are the physical benefits of practicing yoga.
Wellness Coaching at MyY
Keep in mind that Wellness Coaching is included in your membership. Your coach can get you started, provide ongoing support and encouragement towards your personal goals. MyY Wellness Coaches help you establish healthy exercise behaviors and celebrate success. Book an appointment at your local MyY membership desk today!