Health & Fitness Programs
Achieve your goals and reach your full potential.
Your child’s safety is important to us!
- Children under the age of 10 may use YMCA programs, as well as gymnasiums, pools, courts, or tracks when accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 16.
- To ensure your child’s safety, you must remain in the building while your child participates in a YMCA instructor-led program. When your child is not in a program, you must directly supervise them at all times.
This policy applies to all Open Swims, Family Swims, Special Events & Birthday Parties.
- Children under 6 years of age must be directly supervised in the water by a parent/guardian, who is at least 16 years of age, at a ratio of 1:2. All children must be within arm’s reach of the guardian in the shallow end.
- Children 6 to 9 years of age must be directly supervised in the water by a parent/guardian, who is at least 16 years of age, at a ratio of 1:4.
- Children 10 and up are welcome to swim in the pool as appropriate to their swim ability. Children will be asked to perform the facility swim test. Those who cannot yet pass the swim test will be required to remain in the shallow end.
All of our Health, Fitness and Aquatics centres meet the accessibility requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The YMCA is committed to diversity and social inclusion, and to providing environments that are accessible for everyone.
- YMCA Members or guests that require someone to accompany them for supervision or any special needs, will be allowed one parent, guardian or support worker pass at no additional charge. The parent, guardian or support worker must present valid photo ID at the Membership Desk.
- YMCA Members or guests with a disability are welcome to bring their service animal into our facilities. The service animal should be readily identified with visual indicators, such as a vest or harness.
- YMCA Conditioning Rooms are available anytime that we are open, and YMCA Members and guests age 13+ are welcome to access our conditioning rooms.
- YMCA Members and guests age 10-12 may be allowed to use YMCA Conditioning Rooms with the successful completion of our Youth Wellness Courses, or when directly supervised by a parent/guardian age 16+.
*Please note that Conditioning Room Etiquette, Safety and Attire Practices are strictly enforced. YMCA Trainers and Managers reserve the right to remove any YMCA Member or guests that do not comply.
- YMCA Group Fitness Classes are available for any YMCA Members or Guests age 13+. Some restrictions apply. Please speak to a YMCA Trainer or Instructor for more information.
Terms and conditions of your membership agreement
Limitation of Liability
Members safety is important to us. Our commitment to proper maintenance and upkeep of our buildings and equipment is an important part of ensuring a safe environment for all to enjoy. While YMCA staff and volunteers make every reasonable effort to minimize exposure to known risks, members understand and agree that there is still a risk of injury. In registering for a YMCA membership and programs, you agree that you and/or your child(ren) are participating voluntarily and do so at your/their own risk and you agree to fully release the YMCA and its officers, directors, agents, staff, instructors and volunteers from all claims or lawsuits for any injuries, death, property damage or theft, losses, or any other liability of any kind, arising directly or indirectly out of your or your child(ren)’s participation in YMCA membership and programs and/or use of any YMCA equipment or facilities.
The Joining Fee (or Building Enhancement Fee) is a non-refundable contribution which promotes the maintenance and investment in future capital development of the facility. I understand that this payment is required each time I purchase or renew a lapsed YMCA Adult, Senior, Couple or Family Membership.
Pre-Authorized Payments for Continuous Memberships
Continuous Membership encourages members to participate in health, fitness and aquatics programs and services without interruption yet remains flexible to meet an individual’s changing needs. By initialing a membership agreement, members understand that the YMCA Membership is continuous and I agree to allow the YMCA to debit the members bank account or credit card for the YMCA Membership payment in accordance with the current pricing sheet provided. I understand that YMCA fees are subject to change. The YMCA will provide written notice (mail and/or email) to members a minimum of 30 days prior to any changes in my/our fees. Members understand that any pre-authorized payments returned by the members’ financial institution will result in an additional $15 administration fee by the YMCA, as well as any bank service charges, and the member agrees to pay all fees. I understand that the YMCA will make a second attempt to recover any outstanding fees within 96 business hours of a missed payment, and may proceed with collection actions if necessary.
Paid in Full Memberships
Members understand that the members’ YMCA Membership has been paid in full for an agreed term. I understand that if membership lapses, members will be responsible for completing a new membership and Payment Agreement Form, as well as paying another Joining Fee upon my/our return.
Personal & Banking Information
As the payor of this YMCA Membership account, members understand that it is their responsibility to ensure the YMCA has up-to-date personal and banking information. Members understand that I must provide at least 7 days written notification (prior to, but not including my next payment date). Failure to provide this written notice will result in payments being processed as agreed and no refunds will be provided.
I understand that the YMCA provides its members with the flexibility of putting YMCA Membership on hold for up to 4 months per calendar year. Members agree to provide at least 7 days written notice (prior to, but not including the next payment date) should members’ wish to place their YMCA Membership on hold.
Cancellations & Refunds
To cancel a YMCA Membership, Program or Service, members agree to provide at least 7 days written notice (prior to, but not including my next payment date), so that all remaining payments can be cancelled. Members understand that verbal notice (in person or by phone) will not be accepted. Members understand that refunds will not be provided for cancellations received after the 7 day cut-off, or for any unused services.
YMCA Membership and Payment Agreement
With a YMCA membership, members acknowledge that reading and fully comprehending all of the terms and conditions of the Membership and Payment Agreement Form. Members understand that YMCA Memberships are non-transferable and may only be used by the people listed on this form. Members authorize the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka to withdraw funds from the authorized account(s) for the above charges, and understands that if found to be using memberships, programs or services which are not paid, those fees will be added to my account.