Health & Fitness Programs
Achieve your goals and reach your full potential.
Your child’s safety is important to us!
- Children under the age of 10 may use YMCA programs, as well as gymnasiums, pools, courts, or tracks when accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 16.
- To ensure your child’s safety, you must remain in the building while your child participates in a YMCA instructor-led program. When your child is not in a program, you must directly supervise them at all times.
This policy applies to all Open Swims, Family Swims, Special Events & Birthday Parties.
- Children under 6 years of age must be directly supervised in the water by a parent/guardian, who is at least 16 years of age, at a ratio of 1:2. All children must be within arm’s reach of the guardian in the shallow end.
- Children 6 to 9 years of age must be directly supervised in the water by a parent/guardian, who is at least 16 years of age, at a ratio of 1:4.
- Children 10 and up are welcome to swim in the pool as appropriate to their swim ability. Children will be asked to perform the facility swim test. Those who cannot yet pass the swim test will be required to remain in the shallow end.
All of our Health, Fitness and Aquatics centres meet the accessibility requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The YMCA is committed to diversity and social inclusion, and to providing environments that are accessible for everyone.
- YMCA Members or guests that require someone to accompany them for supervision or any special needs, will be allowed one parent, guardian or support worker pass at no additional charge. The parent, guardian or support worker must present valid photo ID at the Membership Desk.
- YMCA Members or guests with a disability are welcome to bring their service animal into our facilities. The service animal should be readily identified with visual indicators, such as a vest or harness.
- YMCA Conditioning Rooms are available anytime that we are open, and YMCA Members and guests age 13+ are welcome to access our conditioning rooms.
- YMCA Members and guests age 10-12 may be allowed to use YMCA Conditioning Rooms with the successful completion of our Youth Wellness Courses, or when directly supervised by a parent/guardian age 16+.
*Please note that Conditioning Room Etiquette, Safety and Attire Practices are strictly enforced. YMCA Trainers and Managers reserve the right to remove any YMCA Member or guests that do not comply.
- YMCA Group Fitness Classes are available for any YMCA Members or Guests age 13+. Some restrictions apply. Please speak to a YMCA Trainer or Instructor for more information.