Health & Fitness Programs
Achieve your goals and reach your full potential.
See below for a list of frequently asked questions we’ve put together to help answer your questions:
Accessing the YMCA:
The government of Ontario lifted the province’s proof of vaccination requirements as of March 1, 2022. The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka no longer requires proof of vaccination requirements to enter our facilities.
Members and guests are no longer required to complete a health screening.
In alignment with current provincial health announcements removing the mask mandate, starting March 21 masks will be optional, but recommended, for all staff, volunteers, and participants in all YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka facilities. With this change we ask that you please be kind, respect others’ choices, continue to observe social distancing, and stay home if you are not feeling well.
The YMCA is a space for everyone to feel safe and respected. Some people may feel comfortable continuing to wear their mask as mandates lift, while others may feel comfortable removing their masks. No matter the choice, everyone needs to be respected in all of our programs and facilities.
Health & Safety:
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is actively monitoring and complying with all directives from Ontario Health Services, the Government of Ontario Chief Medical Officer, and other relevant health authorities.
The health, safety and protection of our members, participants, staff and volunteers is our top priority. For everyone’s protection, we’ve modified some spaces and amenities. Here are just a few of the safety measures you’ll see when you visit the Y:
- Increased sanitization and disinfection.
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations.
- Modified program spaces
- Plexi-glass barriers at Welcome, Membership and Weight Floor desks.
- Directional signage to control the flow of participants in certain areas of the building.
- Contactless scan-in stations.
- Staff available to assist you
We have instituted additional and more frequent cleaning procedures following the guidance of health authorities. These include:
- Increased cleaning frequency of high-touch points (eg. door handles, elevator buttons, hand railings, light switches, toilet seats, taps, etc.).
- Regular and documented sanitization of common area touch-points.
- Employing hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Fogger technology, an additional step if an area needs specific attention.
- Disinfection Kits – to support internal cleaning practices, disinfection kits have been developed and made available to staff at all our facilities.
Here are some things you can do to help:
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well.
- Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face.
- Practice cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Always wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Avoid eating in situations where hand hygiene is more difficult (eg. while working out).
- Use cashless forms of payment whenever possible. Cash will still be accepted at the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
- Be kind to each other!
YMCA members can access virtual programming through Y@Home+, including:
- 100+ live fitness classes per month including Yoga, Arriba, Barre, Bootcamp and more!
- Hundreds of on-demand fitness videos for all fitness levels whether you’re just starting out or you’re a fitness pro. Plus meditation and mindfulness.
- Many interactive activities for children and youth.
- An inclusive and active community from the comfort of your home to motivate you!
- EatPlantJoy… healthy, nutritious, and stress-free meal planning with Dr. Sarah Lucas, MD.
Y@Home+ is included in membership at the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka. Follow these steps to sign up!
- Visit the Membership desk at your local YMCA or contact our Community Care Team at 705-792-7822 or firstname.lastname@example.org for your unique discount code that will provide you with free access.
- Sign up for an account at www.ymcahome.ca/member.
- Create your login and enter your unique discount code.
For more information about Y@Home+, visit www.ymcahome.ca/faq.
Please note: To participate in virtual programming your membership fees must be active. You cannot participate in virtual programming while on hold.
For YMCA membership change requests, such as a hold from 1-6 months, a service cancellation, or a change in category, please click here.
Please note: You must provide at least 14 days written notice (prior to, but not including your next payment date) in order to change, hold, or cancel any YMCA membership.
We understand that, for many, circumstances have changed because of the pandemic. We will be providing a number of options to allow members to continue with their YMCA membership, which include:
- Membership Hold: You can place your membership on hold for up to 6 months by filling out this form.
- Membership Cancellation: You can request to cancel your membership by completing this form.
- Membership Change: If you would like to change your membership (change locations, contact information, category, etc.), please complete this form.
Please refer to the next FAQ for more information about our Financial Assistance Program.
Any individual and/or families that were receiving Financial Assistance prior to the closure in January will continue to have that honoured for the remainder of their membership term.
Individuals and families whose financial circumstances have changed in light of the COVID-19 pandemic will be able to apply for Financial Assistance by either providing proof of income, or if they received/qualified for EI benefits as of April 1, 2021. To apply for Financial Assistance, click here.
This has been a difficult few years for many in our community, including our YMCA. Facility closures as the result of COVID-19 have impacted our organization and our ability to serve communities across Simcoe, Muskoka, and Parry Sound. We need your support so that even in uncertain times, we can build a healthy community for everyone. If you would like to support our efforts, please consider making a donation at www.GiveToTheY.ca.
** All terms are subject to change due to evolving health and safety guidelines from relevant health authorities.
If you have any questions or need support with your membership, please contact your local YMCA Health, Fitness & Aquatics centre – click here for location contact information. We appreciate your patience during this time. Please rest assured that our teams are working hard to answer every inquiry and will respond as soon as possible.