2019 Marks Camp Kitchikewana’s 100th Anniversary!
On September 6th to September 8th, 2019 we are hosting alumni and friends of Camp Kitchikewana on Beausoleil Island for a weekend of fellowship and celebration to commemorate the camps 100th Anniversary! We anticipate hosting up to 600 people throughout the course of the weekend and are actively promoting the event to over 4000 alumni through our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and conventional mailing lists. Be sure to like and follow us on these social media channels and subscribe to our mailing lists to ensure you are up-to-date as things happen!
Interested in sponsoring this event? Learn more about the experience of Camp Kitchikewana here!
- Pre-registration has assisted us with information gathering for planning purposes only and does not constitute a secured reservation.
- Registration will be based on a first come first served basis. Space is limited due to capacity and restrictions are due to the environmental impact that the weekend will have on the site.
- There are five options for attending the celebration, you may register for:
- The full weekend sleeping in a cabin ($250.00)
- The full weekend sleeping in a tent in the baseball diamond, i.e. camping ($180.00)
- The full weekend sleeping in your own boat (dockage will not be available) ($180.00)
- A day visit (Saturday) aboard the Miss Midland, departing and returning to Midland ($100.00)
- A day visit (Saturday) via your own boat or independently organized water taxi (dockage cannot be guaranteed and we encourage drop off and pick up) ($100.00)
- If your preferred option is not available, you can register for the waitlist and register for your preferred available choice.
- Please note: There will be no camp boats operating on the Saturday.
- The 100th Anniversary Celebration is geared to Alumni of Camp Kitchikewana. Due to limited space and highly anticipated participation we ask that only alumni register. This event is a 19+ event.
- Transportation will run each hour, on the hour, from 10:00Am – 6:00PM on the Friday, and every hour, on the half hour, from 8:30AM – 6:30PM on the Sunday (with the exception of 10:30AM)
- If you have a group of friends you wish to share a cabin or tent with please fill out bunk mate requests during the registration process. Please determine in advance a group “captain” – everyone in the group should request that one person as their bunkmate request during registration.
- Cabin group capacity is a maximum of 8 people per cabin, camping group capacity is a maximum of 6 people per tent plot.
- If you are registering on your own, or if your group is smaller than 8 people, you will be put in a cabin with others who are not in your group.
- Please note that all registrations are non-refundable and final.
- Campers will be responsible for providing their own tent, sleeping pad and bedding as desired.
Miss Midland Information
- Miss Midland day visitors will be provided lunch and dinner aboard the Miss Midland as part of the registration fee.
- Car Parking is available at the Miss Midland departure location and is free.
- Hotel rooms have been reserved at the Comfort Inn in Midland. You are responsible for confirming your reservation should you desire a room. The block of rooms will be released on August 6th, 2019.
- The group code is Kitchikewana 100 Anniversary.
Private Boat Information
- Private boats with sleeping quarters will be required to moor and provide your own shuttle to and from camp. (there will be no dockage or berths available).
- Day visitors (Saturday) planning to arrive by private boat should attempt to arrange for drop off and pick up as slippage cannot be guaranteed. Best efforts will be made to provide slippage for guests arriving by private boat.
- Day visitors (Saturday) planning to arrive by water taxi are responsible for their own arrangements to and from Camp Kitchikewana.
- Day visitors (Saturday) arriving by Private Boat will be provided with lunch and dinner at camp.
- You must be a primary CampBrian account holder to register. Each applicant must complete their own registration; you will be unable to register family members in the same registration. Click here to learn how to create an account.
Learn how to register for Camp Kitchikewana’s 100th Anniversary here.
Camp Kitchikewana has a strong legacy of receiving charitable support through the generous efforts and gifts of our alumni and supporters’ database. As part of the 100th Celebration, we have recently launched the Camp Kitchikewana 100th Endowment Fund to provide permanent, annual funds to support and enhance the camper experience at YMCA Camp Kitchikewana. Interest generated by the fund will be disbursed on an annual basis, and will be used to improve and replace program equipment and camp facilities to enhance the camper experience. Funds from this Endowment may not be used for capital or operational expenses.
Any gifts received through the registration process are being generously matched dollar for dollar by our lead donor, Mr. Paul Lawrence. Click here if you would like to make an endowment gift now.
To learn more about this effort please read our endowment brochure. Thank you in advance for your consideration. To help sponsor the event or to discuss further please contact Susan Kulkarni at 705-726-9622 x 450 or via email at Susan.Kulkarni@sm.ymca.ca.